Sunday, April 25, 2010

ONE MONTH LEFT!

So, one month from today (or yesterday, at this point), we will be on our way to Europe!!!! It's so exciting, but a little scary at the same time... this means that in less than a month I will be done with classes, done with finals, graduated, moved out of my house, and on my way to the most amazing trip I'll ever take. Wow.

My previous To Do list is completed! Yay!! England will go down as follows:

We leave Scottland (by train, probably) and head to Liverpool. There we will stay at Everton Hostel. We'll be doing all the cool Beatles stops there (as recommended by Ray!). From there we will head to Oxford and stay at Oxford Backpackers Hostel. Next stop is London for two nights. The first night we're staying at Picadilly Backpackers Hostel. Unfortunately it wasn't available for two nights, but we found another hostel that seemed pretty cool for Friday the 4th: No. 8 Hostel London. On the morning of the 5h we will be getting on a plane to Spain.

While in Spain, we will stay away from the plain, for that is mainly where the rain stays. (By George, I think I've got it!)

Accommodations in London are EXPENSIVE! 1 British Pound = about 1.5 US Dollars at this point, which doesn't help matters. Let's hope the US Dollar improves a bit over the next month :-) Also, it's a little discouraging that hostels are still so busy on the weekend.

My new International Student ID card is GREAT!!! I got that on Thursday. Not only do I get all sorts of discounts at various places all over the world, but I now have great medical/travel insurance for the next year! All for $22... it's incredible!!

I know the blog posts are kind of bland so far, but on May 24th they'll get very exciting :-) Thanks for still reading, though!! 'Til then, I'm sticking with my To Do lists and updates about those...

To Do: Book Spain, book France, buy good sneakers, and figure out the Verizon situation.

I'll update again when I finish this To Do list!!!

3 comments:

  1. It should give you some relief to know that should you travel to Harvershire, Hempshire or Hampton hurricanes hardly ever happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yayayay big! im sooo excited for you! less than a month to go now! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm... just wanted to say that I love that your Mom just made that "My Fair Lady" reference...

    ALSO - omg you're going to have an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete