Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dublin!

Ok so the plane ride was SO long. we had to go to chicago first then off to Dublin. I was able to sleep a little bit, but unfortunately not much. The most important thig is that we made the second flight... we were getting so nervous looking at our itinerary since our first flight was delayed a little bit, but we made it thanks to the time zone change that was NOT accounted for in the itinerary!! The first plane I sat next to Jen and the second next to pat! on the other side of Pat was a really nice man traveling for business. I had the "window seat", and I say that in quotations because there wasnt actually a window in our row! It stunk!!

We got in around 9am, headed to Trinity College, where we saw the Book of Kells. That was really cool, as well as an old library that's been preserved. It's straight out of Beauty and the Beast... it's that big!! we then went to our hostel todrop off our stuff in the lockers. Then it was off to St. Stephen's Green, a BEAUTIFUL park. we got lunch at a farmer's market on the way. I had falaffels and hummus. Yes, family of mine, I ate it and enjoyed it :-P

We were on our way to the Guiness factory when we came upon St. Patrick's Cathedral! We lyed on the grass outside of there for a little while and I got a much needed power nap in the sun :-)

The Guiness factory was so cool! i think that Dr. Cathell should have brought us THERE this semester instead of the brewery in Princeton!! It was much bigger and explained all the things we learned about in Biotech! We got free Guiness at the end, too!!

On the way back, we went to Dublin Castle to explore. It was very cool looking! Pictures to come soon...

Now we are at the hostel. We needed to rest up before going to the pub next door tonight. I'm on the computer in the lounge here (and the keyboard is horrible, so I apologize for the bad typing!)... lots of people are in here and it's so much fun!! Music is blasting and everyone is nice :) We are in a 6 person room tonight with 1 other person from San Diego. She seems nice!! The only problem i have is that my phone is not working!!! I don't know if it's properly activated, so hopefully Dad can work on that for me :-)

Anywho, I'll update again tomorrow hopefully (and i hooope my phone starts working so I can update more often and in more detail!!

LOVING this trip so far!! Yay!!

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you guys are having a good time already! Very jealous that you get to experience such an awesome vacation!!

    Have fun, and I'm looking forward to more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats so awesome big!! i'm glad you're having an amazing time so far! cant wait to read more about it! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Falafels and hummus. Seriously? You've come a looong way since the days of that blue M&M!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading, guys!! Wink, I'm really glad you're enjoying this! We wish you could be here! Little, I love you lots and thanks for the super secret snooping lol. Mom, yes, I knew you'd be amazed ;-)

    ReplyDelete