Liverpool was our first oopsies. We woke up in Edinburgh 2 hours late. We rushedn (thankful for the community bathroom with four showers!) and got a later train, but we still didnt get to liverpool til about 2:30. it was then a LONG walk to the hostel (first hostel with a bad location). We stopped 2 people to ask for directions. The first guy walked with us a bit til he got to where he was going. He kept pointing things out about the city, which was sweet. The second guy gave us directions then gave us his card in case we had any troubles!
By the time we got to the hostel we were exhausted! Pat and I headed out to Albert Dock to go to The Beatles Story. This museum was soooo cool! Loved it!! I had lots of fun there! The city of liverpool is pretty cool as well.... I wish we had more time to spend there!
When Pat and I got back to the hostel, the four of us walked to ASDA, aka Walmart in England. We bought food here to cook for dinner and breakfast! When we got back to the hostel we made a yummy dinner of pasta with shrimp and veggies. I don't like shrimp and even I admitted it was yummy! I did, however, only have a small bowl of it and had some seperate pasta and veggies sans the shrimp!
The next morning, we made breakfast in the room of eggs, toast, bacon and fruit! It was great! We had a looong train ride, once again, but it was 3 seperate trains, so it seemed to fly by! The hostel we stayed at was cool... funky colors on the walls and murals everywhere. It was our first night in a 20 person room... not too shabby. We went to Christ's Church at the University, but it was closed by the time we got there. We went through town looking through the shops. It's such a nice place!
We had dinner at a place called Aldates Tavern. I had a PB&J that I made at the hostel this morning, so I saved lots of money on dinner! The boys and the girls then split up for movie nights. Prince of Persia and Sex and the City 2. Jen and I went to the Prince of Persia.... just kidding! Our movie did start much later than theirs though, so we went to a pub and had some wine together... appropriate for our movie :-)
The movies were incredible. In Jersey, we pay $10.50 for a cruddy seat that you have to get there early to claim. Here, we payed £8 ( or about $12), which is the highest priced option, for couch seats in the balcony!! Totally awesome. Assigned seats, so you can get there whenever! We felt like we were at a broadway show!!
It was also pretty funny when Jen and I were so amazed at the theater, because we asked a lady to take a picture of the 2 of us in the seats, and when I thanked her, she said "no problem... I remember those early days!" ...She thought we were a couple. We got a kick outta it! There were also a few america-Specific jokes in the movie, and they were blatantly obvious to us because we were the only 2 laughing!! haha.
After the movies, we were back at the hostel. The boys had made friends with a few people there... Travis and Alex and Kate. They were a lot of fun and we had lots of laughs hanging out in the common room!
This morning, breakfast was free at the hostel again (aka another PB&J for lunch!). We Made another attempt at Christ's Church, but it was stupid because they charged money to get in. that being said, we didnt go!! Travis came out with us this morning, though, so it was nice to spend some more time with him!
The train to London wasn't that wrong. We hopped in a cab at our train station and headed towards the hostel. Turns out we headed towards tomorrow night's hostel which is on the outskirts of town!! We realized this £12 into the ride. eek. So we turned around and went back. Our hostel tonight is right by picadilly circus! When we saw how great this location was, i cancelled the other hostel and booked another night here. We will have to change rooms tomorrow, but that's fine by me! we can deal with that for such a great location.
We were all pooped from being up so late last night, so we took naps when we got here. We got up and went out on the town, because we're in LONDON, BABY!!!!! We realized that this area of London is much like times square... pretty cool! We went to dinner at a place called the Spaghetti House. I had...you guessed it... spaghetti! We walked around town. And... there's Big Ben! It was great! We saw The eye of London (and yes, I sang a parody to Eye of the Tiger). We couldnt get on the Eye of London tonight, but we'll get to that tomorrow!
I also, in honor of FRIENDS, made sure to place a map on the ground and stand on it to get my bearings... I had to get inside the map ;-)
Tomorrow is all day here in London!! (Every single time Jen or I say London, we say "Baby" after it and high five. yay FRIENDS!) We are going on another one of those free walking tours tomorrow (same company that runs it), so we're pretty excited! Lots of adventures await us!!
So long for now! LONDON, BABY! *high five*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1. i have a spaghetti house near me!
ReplyDelete2. LOOOOOVE LOVE LOOOOOOVE all the friends references!!! it makes me super duper happy to read that you are jumping in maps and saying "baby" and high fiving whenever you get the chance!!
keep having an AMAAAAAZING time! cant wait to see you!!
<3 little