Ok, Naples stinks. No, literally, there is garbage everywhere!!! But, we're really only staying here at night, and our hostel is nice and we've met lots of cool people. We've had yummy food as well!
When we got into Naples on Wednesday, we locked our bags up at the train station and headed straight to Pompeii! It was about a half hour train ride and it was WONDERFUL! Yes, it was hot out, but it was so amazing to see all the ruins and Mt. Vesuvius right there. We saw all this old art work on the walls in the houses, the old tile flooring, sooo many vases, and even people that were literally frozen in time. After about 2 hours there, the houses seemed repetitve, though. I wish i had spent the money on the audio tour... It was well worth the trip there, though.
On the way back to Naples, Pat and I sat across from an Aussie couple who were SO nice! It turns out that girl was reading the same book I am: Eat, Pray, Love (which i'm not sure who I'm making read it first when i return, Mom or Michelle....). In it this Pizzaria in Naples is recommended and the 4 of us spent the train ride trying to figure out where it could be (yay knowing the name and google maps!).
Quick side story: When we first got on the train in Pompeii there was a HUGE grasshopper. When I say huge, i mean small-rodent sized. Like, bigger than a hampster, probably illegal to kill lol 9not that you could without a shotgun, anyway). Everyone in our part of the train was freaking out when it hopped, then laughing at each other and ourselves. And when I say Hopped, its more like it had some sort of anti-gravity device on. Anywho, the Australian man is the one that finally caught it and set it free out the window of the train. The world may not have the crocodile hunter anymore, but I think I've found the next best thing: The Hopper Hunter!!!!!!!!!!
Ok so after a long walk to the hostel, we relaxed a bit then went out in search of Pizzaria del Michele. It was a bit of a walk (closer to the train station than the hostel), plus we had a wait, buttttt here's my review: The dough was the best to me... it was thin, but not crispy... delicious. The pizza itself was way too greasy. I really enjoyed it though!
Today was Capri. One word: AMAZING! It was an hour long boat ride from Naples and the dock was around the corner from our hostel! the weather was perfect and Capri was beautiful. Words cant even describe it. I neeeeed to post ppictures, because some of the views we had were simply breathtaking!
The beach there was weird... the water was so unbelievably clear, but the beach itself was rocks!! noot pebbles... rocks! I'm all about the feeling of the sand beneath my toes, so that part wasn't my favorite, but the clear water made up for it!
Tonight's dinner was at a different Restaurant and I had spaghetti. Not the best ever, but oh well! It was still yummy!
Back at the hostel we made friends with some great new people! It's been a really REALLY great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the grasshopper story! (Although it sounds more like a ROUS.) I can easily picture the shrieks and laughter that ensued whenever it moved. Continue to have fun and enjoy. Say hello to Pat from all of us. Love you!!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteWill do! love you! pat says hi!
ReplyDelete