Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Video!!!! oh and more things we did, too...

Hey everyone!!! Here's a video we put together of a few of our adventures!




Other than that, we've been doing lots of stuff! Let's start with Florence:

On Friday morning we arrived in Florence. It was a really fun day of exploring. We went to the Duomo, which was really impressive on the outside, but honestly seemed kind of blah on the inside. I think they built the outside then got tired and gave up :-P The Medici's tomb was really impressive (Donatello was there as well!). The Tomb held tons of relics, including something of St. Peter's (too small to tell what it was and I don't read Italian, so I don't know!!), and even St. Matthew's finger!!! Eek! We saw the David, which was SO awesome. All the detail was just amazing. Way to go, Michelangelo... good work on that one! We had lunch at this really cool little cafe there (all inclusive for just 8 euro!) and it was delicious! We made dinner back at the hostel, and it turned out really good, once again!!!

Saturday morning we headed out to Venice!! Quote of the day from an American southern woman: "You wanna take a ride on the gondohhhlahh?" HAHAHA. Oh boy. No wonder people here love Americans...

We basically spent the day just exploring. The city was just SO cool with how it was just surrounded by water! They say that the city is sinking and now I see why... It flooded, but not from rain water or water coming off the waterways: The water came up from the ground! It was INSANE! Our feet were soaked the rest of the day because at some points there was just no way around it!

Later in the day Pat and i took a ride on a GonDOHlaaahhhh (we couldn't just say gondola anymore!). The ride way SO much fun!! It was really neat to see the city from that point of view!

That night we took an overnight train to Vienna. I got verrrrry little sleep this time. We didn't splurge for the beds. We had couchettes and 6 people in the room. it was so cramped!

In Vienna, we went to the Palace. We didn't actually go in, but we explored the gardens. The gardens had a Labyrinth. Now, I can't even tell you how much fun we had there! Watch the video... you'll see!!

Later on we split up. Dave and Jen headed to the Freud Museum. Pat and i went to St. Stephen's Cathedral and explored the city a bit. I really liked Vienna. It was a medium-sized city in my book and it had a great feel to it!

Later on in Vienna, we checked into the hostel and napped! i got to videochat with my whole family (yay!) and we got our much needed rest from the minimal sleep of the night before.

Now, i was slightly disappointed that I did not get to run through a field in Austria singing about how the hills are alive... but, I'll get over it, I suppose!

The next day we were off to Prague!!!! Most the day was spent traveling, which stunk, but oh well!! There's a really cool pub in our hostel and a band played there last night. Prague looks like it's gonna be awesome!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sharon!!! I have been reading your blog it looks like you are having a wonderful time!!! <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nameste. Love, love, love the video! The ending is incredible. Dad and I really enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey sharon,
    i really enjoyed the video!! that was the best way to end the viedo!!! how long did it take to get out on the maze?
    see ya soon!!!
    love always,
    cathy<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha i looove the video!!! miss youuu!

    ReplyDelete